Voted One of the Best Places to Work in 2017!
Paid Training - Excellent Benefits - Home Everyday - No Weekends - Family Friendly Schedule
Looking for a motivated candidate to join our Team and complete our in-house Driver Training Program. This small specialized program is one to one with our professional staff. High safety standards, team atmosphere in an exciting growing industry!
- High School Diploma/GED with ability to compute basic math functions
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass pre-hire drug screen, driving record review, criminal background checks and DOT physical
- Class A commercial driver’s license, or ability to obtain and safe driving record that is DWI/OWI free and company insurable
- Ability to operate a manual transmission
- One year of related experience
- Ability to be able to obtain a salesman’s permit
- Must be committed to the responsible use of alcohol and understand and adhere to local and federal alcohol related laws
- Must be able to understand and adhere to company policies and procedures
- May work weekends/holidays
Drives truck over established route and is responsible for safe and efficient delivery to on and off premise customer locations. Follows company policies and DOT restrictions and documentation procedures. Must meet the Delivery System appearance and requirements for dress code and be able to conduct oneself professionally in the market. Must complete scheduled route in a timely manner without jeopardizing customer service. Works in a safe manner with proper safety equipment and follows proper lifting procedures. Ability to lift 160 lbs from ground level; Ability to pull 2100 lbs with the use of a pallet jack; Ability to push 250 lbs with the use of a two wheel hand cart. Ability to lift 30 lbs above head level; Ability to twist, turn, bend, squat, and reach repeatedly throughout the day; Ability to sit or stand for an extended period of time and to climb in and out of trucks. Must be able to perform manual tasks in varying weather conditions. Must be able to maintain and maneuver a truck and engage in defensive driving in varying weather and traffic conditions.
- Reviews assigned route and assessed inventory on truck for accuracy and proper loading
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspection of truck to ensure safe and proper functioning; records damage in equipment or vehicle condition; completes logs and any DOT-mandated record-keeping requirements
- Provides basic truck maintenance ( i.e. refuels, cleans interior, clears unwanted debris)
- Records sales or delivery information on daily records
- Places stock on shelves or racks with proper rotation; is proactive in alerting close coded product; may assist with displays as needed
- Collects money from customers and records transaction of receipt
- Collects empty containers or rejected or unsold merchandise and loads it on the truck; leaves customer location neat and organized
- Listens to and resolves any customer service concerns and reports any issues
- May be assigned to different routes to meet company and customer needs